Saturday, August 1, 2009

Lemon Cookies!!

So I have been searching for easy peasy cookie recipes that I can make ahead for the wedding for the favor tables. Last night I whipped up a batch of lemon cookies with a simple powered sugar frosting that were great!! Even better the dough can be kept in the fridge up to 48 hours before cooking. In case you want some before the wedding here you go:

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
* 2 eggs
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 1 teaspoon lemon extract
* 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration

DIRECTIONS


*Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
* Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, and lemon extract until well blended. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into a bowl of confectioners' sugar. Roll them around until they're lightly covered. Once sugared, put them on an ungreased cookie sheet. ( I always grease my cookie sheet shhhhh)
* Bake for 6 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven. The bottoms will be light brown, and the insides chewy.

Helpful Hints: I cooked them only for 6 minutes and then set them under the broiler for about 2 to make sure the tops were nice and done.
I also think I would make a simple raspberry frosting for the tops if I did them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment